Thursday, November 29, 2007

Don't like white medicine


Last night I noticed Mason had a little draining from his right ear. I hopefully thought, it might just be my imagination. I'll look again tomorrow. Being that Mason sits to my left at breakfast, it was easy to look at his right ear. Sure enough, more drainage. Yuck. So, I say outloud (to myself), which ear has the tube in it. "The right one" Lauren says. Mark & I chuckle. I pull out one of his medical notebooks to verify. Yep, the right ear. On the way to school, I call & schedule an appointment. By the time Mason gets back into my car after school, more drainage.

Yep-the doctor confirms the ear infection. So, we head to Bartell's to pick up the 2 new prescriptions. Well, at Bartells, they know us by name before we reach the pharmacy counter. "Oh, for Mason"? "Yes, I answer...for Mason". She pulls out the Zithromax (he takes 3 days on, 11 off...but that's another story). "Oh, no not that one today" I say. So, they go back to their little place and mix up the other stuff. So, we leave Bartells with ear drops and Omnicef.

After we return home, I tell him it's time for his medicine. His response (before even seeing it) is "no like white medicine. Like red medicine". I explain that the white medicine is for today & that the red medicine (Zithromax) was for last week. But, not to worry, he's due for the red medicine after he finishes the course of the white medicine.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Beware of the red poop! By the way, Thornley and Jack, who have taken both Zithromax and Omnicef totally prefer the Omnicef. Too bad that has been added to the list of medication I won't let Thornley take!