Thursday, February 28, 2008

Sleep


Sleep. It's important. It's necessary. I need it...and lots of it. So, let me reflect upon the "non"-sleep I had last night. The dog woke me somewhere around 2am (I'm guessing). She came in the room, came to my side of the bed, then left. I turned over and went back to sleep for a few minutes. Next thing I know, it's 2:19am and I hear noises coming from Mason's room. I stumble out of bed and walk into the hall. I can see light coming thru the bottom of his door. Upon entering the room, I find the light is on. Next I notice his curtains are open. I figure he climbed on the rocking chair to pull the string to open the shades. He's happily playing with toys. I, on the other hand, am not so happy. I close the shades, physically remove the light bulb from the ceiling, and tuck him back in. I have no idea how long he was up for, as the light bulb was hot to touch.


I was awakened again around 5am to a noisy, playing Mason. This time I catch him in the act of trying to open his curtains. He is standing with one foot on the rocking chair and the other on the arm of the rocking chair, reaching the pull on the shades. UGH.


Let me backtrack a bit. His overhead light was removed probably over a year or more ago. I HATED finding him playing at completely unacceptable hours of the night...with the light on. From time to time we replace it and "try again". It lasts around 2 days and then I take it out again. Last week, he lost his table lamp. Why, you might ask? For the same reason. I would walk into the room and notice the rocking chair had been scooted next to his changing table. By reasoning alone, I figured he moved the rocking chair to climb on the changing table, to turn on the light. Quite creative I might say. But, quite annoying at the same time!


So, once again, there is NO light in his room and I'm on my way to Starbucks for a triple!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

the funny thing is, I can see him sitting on his bed playing with toys and as you walk in saying, "hi mommy". Like it's no big deal being up at 2:00 a.m. playing.