Sunday, April 20, 2008

If you did the crime...


do the time.


I'm a bit late in posting this. Life just got a bit crazy this week. Anyway, let's take a few steps back to last Monday. I'm getting ready to go to work. I'm going in early, since Mark is home & he offered to take the kids to school. My goal was to leave around 7:30. At about that time, I hear (coming from the bathroom), "get me some towels quick". I grab a few junk towels and race to the bathroom. After breakfast, a few minutes earlier, Mark needed to use the facilities. Apparantly he clogged the toilet. As I'm tossing the towels, he's exclaiming, "I didn't even use that much toilet paper". By now he's turned off the water to the toilet. I get the plunger and hand it over to him. So, what was I to do? Well, I said "bye hon" and headed for work. A few minutes later he called me and said the crisis was over - plunger worked - toilet back to normal.

What he forgot to mention, is that, although he soaked up the overflowed water...he did not mop. So, when I returned home (after working, picking up Mason, etc), I did what any other woman would have done. Mopped the bathroom floor and cleaned the toilet.

My question is this: Shouldn't thee who "dirtied" the bathroom be responsible for completely cleaning it? I guess not!

2 comments:

knittingqueen said...

TMI!!!! TMI!!!!!! I don't think I can look Mark in the eye for a while.....

Meghan said...

amen sista - if you do the ploppin', you do the moppin'!