Monday, December 3, 2007

Persistence pays off


A known trick to us "frequent flyers" of Children's hospital clinics is to call back and ask to be put on the cancellation list. The good news, is that quite often, you are able to get into clinic sooner than your original appointment. The bad news is, there is little "prep" time.

This morning I called the immunology clinic to talk to my new BFF, "the scheduler". Will wonders never cease? She answered the phone! So, I asked if there were any cancellations for tomorrow's immunology clinic, or the following week's clinic....knowing very well that immunology clinic is held on Tuesday mornings only. She put me on hold and I waited. She came back on the line. Nope, no openings. So, I asked to be put on the cancellation list.

Low and behold, at 2:15 today, I received a call from another "scheduler". They have a cancellation for Tuesday morning at 9am. Can we make it? YES WE CAN! I spent the last hour with the kids watching A Charlie Brown Christmas, while I typed up a list of Mason's illnesses and antibiotics used for the past 2 years. Anyway I will be dropping Lauren off at Meghan's at 7:45am to play before school. Mason & I will be trekking over to Children's. YIPPEE!!!

No comments: