Monday, December 10, 2007

Stupid


For those of you who know me well, 'Stupid' is not a word we say in our house. For obvious reasons. Kind of like retarded. It's another one we just don't say. Anyway, we consider 'stupid' a 'bad word'. Lauren knows that we don't say 'stupid'. In fact, when watching a movie, and 'Stupid' is said, she'll look at me in the "I know we don't say that" kind of look.
Well, guess what? We caught Mason saying 'Stupid'. I thought I heard him say it yesterday, but wasn't sure. Well, today I was sure. He was playing with his cars & I heard him say 'stupid'. Mark asked him what he said & Mason repeated it. I sat him down and said "we don't say that".
Today after our 1st of three appointments at Children's this week, the word emerged again. Only this time it was directed towards me. Here is how the conversation unfolded:
Me: Mason, you need to use your walking feet.

Mason: No, I running.
Me: (After catching up to him in the hall) Mason, you can use walking feet or you have to hold my hand.
Mason: (pouts)
Me: I take his hand to hold it
Mason: (takes his hand back)
Me; Mason, you must walk.
Mason: Stupid
Me: Did you just say 'stupid?
Mason; Yes

So, that was our fun outing to the doctor. I'm apparently stupid. And, well, he got a time out.

P.S. I forgot to add that I personally blame Charlie Brown's Christmas for this!!! They use the word stupid quite frequently!!!

4 comments:

Meghan said...

I'm sure it's not my child influencing him.
Thornley called Adam stupid tonight whilst playing Battle Ship. I silently echoed his sentiments after Adam won - STUPID!!!!!!!

knittingqueen said...

oh my word. I can just see him doing all of that, too. At least you're no longer a bad lady.

Meghan said...

soon he'll start spelling it, which technically isn't SAYING it!
That's what Thornley does now, "that's so S-T-U-P-I-D!"
Just precious!
Kind of reminds me of Ryan when he knew he couldn't say shut up, so he would try to work his way around it creatively.

Meghan said...

maybe you should change your blog to one special kid and one who drives you crazy - a long title I know, but something to think about