Monday, March 17, 2008

Special needs


The conversation tonight went something like this:

Me: How was sibshops? What did you talk about?
Lauren: My brother (with a "duh" look).
Me: What about?
Lauren: His name. Then my name and that I'm seven.
Me: Oh. What did other kids talk about?
Lauren: Their brother or sister's special needs.
Me: Oh. What did you say?
Lauren: That I didn't remember.

Me (to Mason): What's your special need?
Mason: Ice cream!

Today Mason had an appointment at the pulmonologist. I won't go into all the details here. However, tonight I called the pharmacy to see if his refill for one of his medications was ready. The conversation went like this:
Me: Hi, I'm calling to see if my son's prescription was ready.
Pharmacy tech: Is this Mason's mom?
Me: Yes
Pharamacy tech: Yes it's ready.

I am not even joking. I didn't even say my first or last name or even Mason's name!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

I didn't realize liking ice cream was a special need - dang! I probably could have qualified for a scholarship!