Friday, June 6, 2008

Vegas Baby


Last week Mark & I went to Vegas for a few days before heading to L.A. for a wedding. It was great weather. Drinks were free (at the tables, of course). On Thursday night in Vegas we ate "cheap" and had salads for dinner. Mine, however, consisted of some meat for protein. Mark chose the primarily lettuce only salad. It would have been fine...however, might I say again, the drinks were free. Needless to say, Mark woke up feeling nauseated with a headache. Hangover!

Luckily by Friday night, his symptoms of over-drinking had subsided. So, off we went to the Barry Manilow concert. I admit, I am a "Fanilow". Not a crazy one who wears crazy shirts saying "I love Barry" or who follows him around on tour. I just love a good Barry Concert. It truly is one of the better concerts I've been too. I think the 800+ year old man from London who was sitting next to me (his 1st Barry concert - his wife dragged him) must have thought I was inebriated. But, I hadn't even had a drink. Just dancing and singing to Barry!

Aside from a fabulous concert, the gambling was fabulous. I took $150 to spend at the tables. I came back with $150 plus more. Both Mark & I actually came out ahead!! So, I had big plans for my winnings. Monday morning, I set my plan in action. I called the piano tuner/fixer and had him come out to take away the "innerds" of the piano & fix it. Good thing is that it will hopefully cost less than originally discussed.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Mark and Adam are such lightweights (drinking-wise).
Didn't I see your picture as head of Barry's Bellevue chapter fan club. It's really ok - I have my Donny Osmond CD on right now!