Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A discussion


I have good intentions. Sometimes, however my intentions take awhile for me to actually complete them.

Case in point. A few years ago we purchased a very small, fire "resistant" safe (after saying we needed one for quite some time). My intentions were to photocopy pertinent information and store it in the little safe. We're not talking jewels or anything like that. I mean things like a copy of birth certificates, passports, list of home contents, etc. The safe was stored (in it's box) under the bed. It took up virtually no room. And, we had other things stored under the bed too like bins of seasonal clothes.

So, today, I actually took the time to photocopy all the "stuff" on our printer/copier. After making sure it was all in order, I went downstairs to FINALLY put the items in the safe. The originals could now go to the safe deposit box at the bank. I climbed under both sides of the bed to get the safe. Guess what?! No safe. So, I called the husband to ask where he put it. He said "I got rid of it - I think I took it back awhile ago". I was none too pleased! I voiced my displeasure with said husband. He said "well you didn't do it". I said, "it didn't mean I never would - I wanted it". He continued to argue that since it hadn't been used in "his time frame", then he had the right to get rid of it or take it back. So, after continuing to "discuss it", my view was that husband should have discussed his intentions of getting rid of something I had asked for and wanted, regardless of if I had used it or not! His view was that he wasn't sorry, since I hadn't used it in whatever period of time he thought I should use it in. In the end, I suggested that if I saw things of his that I didn't think he was using or going to use, I should just dispose of it without telling him too!!!!!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

when was the last time he played golf? I'm sure those clubs are taking up room somewhere.
Oh the joys of husbands and their "timelines"

knittingqueen said...

oh! Meghan beat me to it! When is the last time he watched Superbad? And you definitely need to return parts of that fence!!