Monday, January 28, 2008

Let it snow

Being that I was housebound with sickly Mason anyway....the snow was a welcome sight this morning! I saw the snow coming down at an early hour (3:30am when I was awake giving Mason another breathing treatment). It was beautiful. I was shocked this morning when I woke to 1+ inch on the ground. And, I was more shocked that school was actually cancelled, versus delayed. Either way, I was homebound with Mason, and today with Lauren too.
Once the snowplow and sanding truck did their jobs on the main road, it was time to hit the drive thru Starbucks. Yeah!

Now, I must backtrack a bit. My last post was a rather irate post towards my husband. I now feel convicted that I must sing a few of his praises. Last week Mason was hospitalized while Mark was out of town. He offered to cut short his business trip and return home, but Lauren was taken care of and Mason & I were stuck at the hospital. My parents, and Meghan were a tremendous help. Anyway, once Mark returned, he offered to stay at Children's, which I too declined. For me, I just have to be there. However, he brought in coffee in the mornings. He brought in lunch or dinner (from wherever I requested). He toted bags of dirty laundry home to wash, and brought me whatever items I needed. He was a great help. When we were told Mason would be discharged on Sunday afternoon, he scurried home and cleaned the ENTIRE house; changed all the sheets; etc. He even picked up dinner last night so I didn't have to cook.

1 comment:

Meghan said...

when will marvelous Mark be in town long enough for us to hit a happy hour?!