Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Being thankful

Yesterday's day camp theme was 'Be Thankful'. Apparantly milk is not something for which we should be thankful for.
This morning after I gave Mason his cup of milk with breakfast, he proceeded to pick it up and pour it all over the table. Which resulted in milk flowing freely down the tablecloth (just a cheap plastic one), to the seat of the chair below, down the legs of said chair, and into a lovely puddle of milk.

When I inquired as to the reasoning behind the milk dumping, he said "I didn't want it". Uh-huh. Nice. Perhaps he could have opted to just hand it to me and say 'no thank you'. Or, perhaps he could have just been thankful for it and sipped it politely.

Midway through breakfast, he then asked for his milk again. Um, no!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Well, apparently Jesus didn't give him the power to be thankful - A-HA!
I guess he needs to pay a bit more attention during story time...