Saturday, July 26, 2008

Martha



Martha Stewart I am NOT!

However, yesterday I made freezer jam fron scratch & felt like I was Martha.

Lauren & I picked raspberries at a local farm in the morning. We went with another friend and her girls and together, picked almost 30 pounds in under 1.5 hours. So, after we returned home and ran a few errands, it was time to get started. We washed and crushed the raspberries. Then added the sugar. Then added the boiled water and pectin. And, voila - freezer jam!

It was my first try at it and I think it worked. The jam actually 'set'!! We ended up making 4 batches!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

yay for you! This is awesome, I've always wanted to make my own jam. Can you teach me how? Maybe you can be a guest in our class next year and teach us how to make it! The boys wanted to make pickles today, but that would have required a trip to the store.