Sunday, July 6, 2008

Martini




I know it's been awhile. Seriously, with both kids home for summer break, there is not much time to spend goofing off on the computer. It's actually been a pretty good summer break (with the exception of Tex-Ass like thunderstorms last week). Anyway, the kids have been in swimming lessons, played, had a play date or two, etc.

So, we did the unthinkable! Or, to some, we did something stupid. And, yes, I might agree. Well, for quite some time, I've been talking about getting a small dog. Mark has adamantly said 'no'. Acutally, he said he'd move out! So we'd joke about it (since he travels so much). We've been talking about getting a puppy even more frequently since my friend Melissa added a small dog to her home of 2 labs. I've looked on-line, in the papers, etc. I even called on a few.

Last week we were at Melissa's. I took a picture on my cell of Lauren with Lucy (Melissa's dog - who Mark hasn't seen). I titled it "Lauren's puppy" and sent it to Mark. Lauren & I had him going for about 2-3 hours, that we really bought a dog without him (which I wouldn't do). Anyway, once we told him we were kidding he was quite upset.

Well, as we drove home from Camano Island on 4th of July, Lauren & I kept joking about getting a dog. When we started playing music on the radio, Mark would turn it into a song about a puppy. Ha Ha. Long story short, we now have a puppy.

Yesterday Mark told me to go with Lauren & look at a litter of puppies (from a home - not a breeder). I said we wouldn't go without him. So, we all went to look at the 5 puppies and their parents. Before leaving we made it clear to the kids we were JUST LOOKING - and we would not come home with one. We found the "one" we loved most. A little fluffy one. As we were leaving, Mark kept asking me to put down a deposit! But, I said 'no', if it was meant to be, it was meant to be. If he was gone, then it wasn't the dog for us.
This morning, on the way to church, Mark again asked me if I called the owners. At 8:40 in the morning, I figured it was a bit too early. So, after church, we headed to Petco and purchased our puppy supplies. Then, we picked up the puppy.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

I do prefer the OTHER type of Martini, but that Pooper sure is cute!

knittingqueen said...

well, thank you very much. Now my boys want a dog. I will say, he's pretty darn cute!